Elk has cultivated a work environment in which our employees are constantly challenged to do their best. Through a creative approach Elk have created a strong brand identity, and we nurture this quality in others by employing people who share our keen interest in design, our love of nature and simplicity and our commitment to ethical and sustainable business. Just as each piece in our range is carefully created; we seek out individuals to work at Elk who can bring their own life experience and inspired ideas to our company.
In return, Elk offers a unique work place and conducts induction and product training. We encourage our employees to integrate Elk product into their lives outside of work through offering product discounts. Staff members are informed about Elk products – from the design process, through the materials used-to craftsmanship and traditional skills utilised in making them– and are confident communicating about Elk to others.
Elk supports employees' involvement in activities outside of work, whether it be study, artistic pursuits or volunteer work.
Have a look behind the scenes, learn the Elk story and meet the people that make up Elk. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwc-NSSviTk
Below are the current roles available at Elk.
Wholesale Sales Representative - Dallas, USA
This role is a remote position requiring a high level of self-motivation with an ability prioritise your own workload. It is aimed at supporting and servicing all existing wholesale accounts in your territory and seeking new opportunities ultimately ensuring Elk’s high customer service standards are met and sales targets are exceeded. This is a tremendous opportunity for someone willing to build the territory and expand Elk’s Wholesale network in the USA.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for an independent sales representative, with experience in wholesale fashion/accessories sales and existing account contacts in the territory. A candidate who will have a genuine passion for our brand and a natural ability to share our story to help us grow our business in the USA.
· To be self-motivated with the ability to manage your own time to ensure self-set and management set tasks are achieved.
· You will be available for road sales and to participate in and seek out potential trade shows
· You will have a focus on servicing small territories and will help promote and grow a network of suitable stores for the brand.
· Strong organisational skills with the ability to manage and prioritise own workload
· Demonstrate a high level of attention to detail
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent presentation
· Demonstrate the ability to think laterally conveying a positive approach at all times
· Be forward thinking with an ability to research always identifying new way to improve systems, process and service.
Please submit your CV along with a Cover Letter to email@example.com
Applications close Friday 30th June 2017
Full Time Customer Service Consultant
Role Description: (includes but not exclusive to)
Under the direction of the Online Store Manager take responsibility for the daily operation of Elk’s Customer Service. The Customer Service role is a very important one within the Elk business; as the first point of contact for Elk customers – this role ensures that all customers’ enquiries are handled with the signature Elk high standard of Customer Service.
Elk’s Customer Service is part of our brand identity; nothing is too much trouble for our customers, so it is important to maintain a professional and positive demeanour at all times. Prompt, efficient and consistent responses to all customer service enquiries are part of Elk’s professional culture and reputation.
In this role it is important to understand that you will be one of the Elk ambassadors representing the brand in the head office and within the community.
SUMMARY OF POSITION: (INCLUDES BUT NOT EXCLUSIVE TO)
• Provide a high level of customer service and sales advice to all customers, either over the phone, via email or in person
• Answering all incoming telephone calls in a professional consistent and courteous manner, taking clear and accurate messages, and passing information on to relevant staff members
• To assist customers experiencing difficulty using the website to take orders and process sales over the phone. Each transaction to be handled discreetly and credit card details destroyed at the completion of process
• Handling all customer enquiries and follow-ups within 24hr timeframe
• Ensure all customer repairs are dealt with promptly and checked before being returned to customers
• Managing the phone systems by clearing the voicemail daily, setting holiday messages, adjusting users and turning the phones on and off at night/morning
• Be aware of stock levels and delivery updates in order to provide accurate responses to customer enquiries
• Compile and maintain a customer waiting list for sold out stock to be re-released. Each enquiry to be followed through to final transaction
• To communicate with designers on any product issues or concerns. Convey customer’s feedback to designers to ensure future designs and production procedures can be improved
• To work with Retail and Warehouse Manager’s to ensure all customer enquiries are being consistently handled in the Elk head office and retail stores
• To follow up any retail store weekend trading issues promptly at the beginning of each week
• To support internal departments in peak periods and times of leave
• Collecting, opening, sorting and distributing incoming mail
• Processing staff purchases
• Opening and closing of office when required
• Commit to the process of continuous improvement
• Organise and manage workflow
• Use time efficiently, set priorities, anticipate problems
• Provide self-leadership and vision
• Experience in customer-service related field
• Exceptional organisational skills
• Punctuality, reliability and flexibility paired with a friendly, respectful and approachable demeanour
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org and title the e-mail " Full Time Customer Service Consultant ". Please include a cover letter and CV. Applications close Monday the 5th of June 2017.
Role Description: (includes but not exclusive to)
The successful applicant is required to assist with the operation of the Elk office, organising company initiatives and events as well as assisting The Directors and their larger team with tasks. This is a very important role within the Elk business as this role acts as an ambassador for the brand both in the head office and within the community
Permanent Part Time Assistant Store Manager (4 days), Preston
Melbourne based brand Elk, are looking for an experienced Assistant Store Manager to join our Preston store.
Elk is an Australian brand offering original contemporary designed fashion accessories for women and men; featuring jewellery, textiles, leather and apparel, as well as a range of interior pieces. Elk's strong design and commitment to working with small manufacturers whose traditional skills and techniques guarantee authentic, high quality production result in new and exciting ranges each season.
We are looking for an enthusiastic team player who wants to become an Elk brand ambassador through exceptional customer service, impeccable presentation and their in-depth product knowledge. You should enjoy managing and developing a team to enable them to achieve the company’s vision and values while providing an enjoyable workplace. You will have a positive energetic attitude, a passion for visual merchandising and a deep understanding of the Elk aesthetic.
The ideal candidate will be someone who has:
• Retail Management experience
• Excellent customer service skills and a natural ability to relate with others
• The ability to use your own initiative and is happy working in a team or autonomously.
• Outstanding communication skills
This is a permanent part time roll (4 days) with a rotating roster.
Please send applications to email@example.com and title the e-mail "Assistant Store Manager -Preston". Please include a cover letter and CV.
Permanent Part Time Graphic Designer
This is a permanent part time (4 days) position located at Elk’s Head Office in Preston. This is an important role where you will be required to develop marketing and sales collateral to communicate the Elk brand image and seasonal messages. Areas of responsibility will include the creation of graphic design materials for digital collateral, e-commerce, EDM’s, range releases, major events throughout the year and day-to-day consumer and retail communication requirements. You will be primarily working for the Elk Sales and Marketing Departments developing seasonal graphics for digital platforms, social media creative, retail collateral, promotions and competition materials.
The work you produce must be “brand centric” and accurately portray the Elk brand aesthetic to the media and consumers both domestically and internationally ensuring the ultimate brand experience.
Within this role, there is an expectation of new media knowledge, as well as constant acquisition of this intelligence to ensure that Elk keeps ahead of the digital curve, both in Australia and internationally.
The key to making this role successful is digital graphic design expertise, speed, accuracy and attention to detail. You will need a lateral thinking and creative approach to the role and a proactive attitude.
You will be one of two graphic designers at Elk. The other position is primarily concerned with looking after the Fashion Design Department requirements including yardage prints and product graphics as well as Sales Department requirements including the planning and execution of seasonal photo shoots and production of collateral such as sales catalogues etc. There will be coordination required between these positions to ensure clarity of roles.
Responsibilities include (not exclusive to):
- Manage your workflow with a graphics calendar to ensure that all required printed and digital materials arrive or are submitted to the necessary parties on time. This calendar will be formulated in conjunction with the Fashion Design Graphic Designer, marketing, sales, design and retail requirements for both domestic and international markets.
- uploading and adapting graphic materials to the Elk Magento website.
- creating graphic material for EDM’s and suggesting ideas to help drive engagement and click through rates.
- Creating Gifs and editable PDF documents for Elk Social and Process requirements.
- produce banners, window vinyls etc. and in store merchandising materials as required for Elk’s retail store as well as wholesale accounts.
- look for/research new and improved ways for instore POS.
- liaise with print suppliers to be up to date with latest product offerings.
- design advertisements for print and online.
- support where needed the Fashion Design Graphic Designer in executing the bi annual collection catalogues and associated price lists etc. This will not be in your particular care however you may be required to assist or provide support.
- support the Fashion Design Graphic Designer in executing the bi annual international catalogues and associated price lists etc.
- in partnership with the Digital Marketing and PR Coordinator, arrange all provision for shipping of printed materials as required.
- design packaging and brand materials as required.
- design and produce seasonal publications including researching writers, artists and other external contributors as required.
- produce the seasonal Elk content deck, in partnership with the Marketing/PR team, drawing inspiration from the design direction of the seasonal collections. This document will feature the style guide for all seasonal content and be used for all internal communication, public relations, marketing and associated tasks.
- in partnership with the Marketing / PR team and with creative direction from the Creative Director develop day-to-day creative collateral for required brand content utilising the seasonal shoot and other in-season photo shoots.
- work closely with Elk’s PR/Marketing personnel to assist in designing all digital content requirements and communication collateral including website, social media content, blog, EDM’s, event and promotional materials, press releases, media kits etc.
- proactively suggest and develop new and innovative ways to present digital content. E.g., creative use of animation through gifs, exploring new trends and innovative digital ideas.
- liaise with printers and other suppliers to ensure jobs are completed to set timeframes and standards. This will include arranging proofs, editing and colour management as required.
Knowledge & Skills
• Full proficiency in the latest Adobe Suite of software
• Magento experience ideal
• Experience in developing digital graphic content and working with various social media and marketing tools (Facebook, Instagram, Mailchimp, Pintrest, Twitter, E-commerce CMS).
• Demonstrable creative and design development skills
• Illustration skills
• Typography including headline treatments and typesetting
• Excellent copywriting skills
• Multimedia skill base and a willingness to learn and invest time into learning and developing new media technologies
• Well developed communication, time management and organisation skills
• Accuracy and strong attention to detail
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org and title the e-mail "Permanent Part-Time Graphic Designer ". Please include a cover letter and CV.
Full Time IT Specialist
Melbourne based fashion brand Elk, are looking for an experienced IT Specialist to join our Head Office in Preston.
Elk is a fast paced expanding Australian fashion brand offering original contemporary designed fashion and accessories for women and men. We are looking for a team player to work in a fun, creative environment with lots of potential for growth and to take on added responsibilities.
You will be working with external consultants/integrators in a small but efficient internal IT team within a mix of wholesale and retail environments.
We are looking for a computer related tertiary qualified person with working experience in Mac and/or Windows computer hardware and software. Also, at times willing to get his/her hand on programming.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintain IT infrastructure
• Provide IT support
• Diagnose and resolve application problems
• Provide training for internal staff
• Assist in new application development and implementation
• Documentation of IT processes and infrastructure
• Work closely with internal staff and external consultants/integrators.
Skills and Experience:
Working experience in:
• Mac and/or Windows OS, applications such as Microsoft Office and Adobe Suite
• Mac and/or PC hardware
• NAS/SAN hardware
• TCP/IP LAN and WAN network hardware and configuration
Good understanding of:
• SDLC and Agile methodologies
• SQL database administration and design
• Other computer languages such as C#
• Cloud hosting (Amazon, Google Cloud or similar)
• Linux server configuration, deployment and development
To apply for this position you must have:
• 2 years+ experience in a similar role
• Good verbal and written English
• Good mathematical skills are preferable
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• A current police check
Please send applications to email@example.com and title the e-mail "IT Specialist ". Please include a cover letter and CV.
Little Collins Store
182 Little Collins St, Melbourne,
Victoria, 3000, Australia
P: +61 3 8609 1247
|Monday to Thursday||10am - 6pm|
|Friday||10am - 7pm|
|Saturday||10am - 5pm|
|Sunday||11am - 4pm|
395 Plenty Road, Preston,
Victoria, 3072, Australia
P: +61 3 9478 1800
|Monday to Friday||10am - 6pm|
|Saturday||10am - 5pm|
395 Plenty Road, Preston,
Victoria, 3072, Australia
P: +61 3 9478 1800
F: +61 3 9478 8864
|Monday to Friday||9.30am - 5.30pm|
|Saturday & Sunday||Closed|