Elk has cultivated a work environment in which our employees are constantly challenged to do their best. Through a creative approach Elk have created a strong brand identity, and we nurture this quality in others by employing people who share our keen interest in design, our love of nature and simplicity and our commitment to ethical and sustainable business. Just as each piece in our range is carefully created; we seek out individuals to work at Elk who can bring their own life experience and inspired ideas to our company.
In return, Elk offers a unique work place and conducts induction and product training. We encourage our employees to integrate Elk product into their lives outside of work through offering product discounts. Staff members are informed about Elk products – from the design process, through the materials used-to craftsmanship and traditional skills utilised in making them– and are confident communicating about Elk to others.
Elk supports employees' involvement in activities outside of work, whether it be study, artistic pursuits or volunteer work.
Have a look behind the scenes, learn the Elk story and meet the people that make up Elk. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwc-NSSviTk
Below are the current roles available at Elk.
Wholesale Sales Representative - Dallas, USA
This role is a remote position requiring a high level of self-motivation with an ability prioritise your own workload. It is aimed at supporting and servicing all existing wholesale accounts in your territory and seeking new opportunities ultimately ensuring Elk’s high customer service standards are met and sales targets are exceeded. This is a tremendous opportunity for someone willing to build the territory and expand Elk’s Wholesale network in the USA.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for an independent sales representative, with experience in wholesale fashion/accessories sales and existing account contacts in the territory. A candidate who will have a genuine passion for our brand and a natural ability to share our story to help us grow our business in the USA.
· To be self-motivated with the ability to manage your own time to ensure self-set and management set tasks are achieved.
· You will be available for road sales and to participate in and seek out potential trade shows
· You will have a focus on servicing small territories and will help promote and grow a network of suitable stores for the brand.
· Strong organisational skills with the ability to manage and prioritise own workload
· Demonstrate a high level of attention to detail
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent presentation
· Demonstrate the ability to think laterally conveying a positive approach at all times
· Be forward thinking with an ability to research always identifying new way to improve systems, process and service.
Please submit your CV along with a Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Permanent Part Time Graphic Designer
This is a permanent part-time (4 days) position located at Elk’s Head Office in Preston. This is an important role where you will be required to develop marketing and sales collateral to communicate the Elk brand image and seasonal messages. Areas of responsibility will include the creation of graphic design materials for digital collateral, e-commerce, EDM’s, range releases, major events throughout the year and day-to-day consumer and retail communication requirements. You will be primarily working for the Elk Sales and Marketing Departments developing seasonal graphics for digital platforms, social media creative, retail collateral, promotions and competition materials.
The work you produce must be “brand centric” and accurately portray the Elk brand aesthetic to the media and consumers both domestically and internationally ensuring the ultimate brand experience.
Within this role, there is an expectation of new media knowledge, as well as the constant acquisition of this intelligence to ensure that Elk keeps ahead of the digital curve, both in Australia and internationally.
The key to making this role successful is digital graphic design expertise, speed, accuracy and attention to detail. You will need a lateral thinking and creative approach to the role and a proactive attitude.
You will be one of two graphic designers at Elk. The other position is primarily concerned with looking after the Fashion Design Department requirements including yardage prints and product graphics as well as Sales Department requirements including the planning and execution of seasonal photo shoots and production of collateral such as sales catalogues etc. There will be coordination required between these positions to ensure clarity of roles.
Responsibilities include (not exclusive to):
- Manage your workflow with a graphics calendar to ensure that all required printed and digital materials arrive or are submitted to the necessary parties on time. This calendar will be formulated in conjunction with the Fashion Design Graphic Designer, marketing, sales, design and retail requirements for both domestic and international markets.
- uploading and adapting graphic materials to the Elk Magento website.
- creating graphic material for EDM’s and suggesting ideas to help drive engagement and click through rates.
- Creating Gifs and editable PDF documents for Elk Social and Process requirements.
- produce banners, window vinyls etc. and in-store merchandising materials as required for Elk’s retail store as well as wholesale accounts.
- look for/research new and improved ways for instore POS.
- liaise with print suppliers to be up to date with latest product offerings.
- design advertisements for print and online.
- support where needed the Fashion Design Graphic Designer in executing the bi-annual collection catalogues and associated price lists etc. This will not be in your particular care however you may be required to assist or provide support.
- support the Fashion Design Graphic Designer in executing the bi-annual international catalogues and associated price lists etc.
- in partnership with the Digital Marketing and PR Coordinator, arrange all provision for shipping of printed materials as required.
- design packaging and brand materials as required.
- design and produce seasonal publications including researching writers, artists and other external contributors as required.
- produce the seasonal Elk content deck, in partnership with the Marketing/PR team, drawing inspiration from the design direction of the seasonal collections. This document will feature the style guide for all seasonal content and be used for all internal communication, public relations, marketing and associated tasks.
- in partnership with the Marketing / PR team and with creative direction from the Creative Director develop day-to-day creative collateral for required brand content utilising the seasonal shoot and other in-season photo shoots.
- work closely with Elk’s PR/Marketing personnel to assist in designing all digital content requirements and communication collateral including website, social media content, blog, EDM’s, event and promotional materials, press releases, media kits etc.
- proactively suggest and develop new and innovative ways to present digital content. E.g., creative use of animation through gifs, exploring new trends and innovative digital ideas.
- liaise with printers and other suppliers to ensure jobs are completed to set timeframes and standards. This will include arranging proofs, editing and colour management as required.
Knowledge & Skills
• Full proficiency in the latest Adobe Suite of software
• Magento experience ideal
• Experience in developing digital graphic content and working with various social media and marketing tools (Facebook, Instagram, Mailchimp, Pinterest, Twitter, E-commerce CMS).
• Demonstrable creative and design development skills
• Illustration skills
• Typography including headline treatments and typesetting
• Excellent copywriting skills
• Multimedia skill base and a willingness to learn and invest time into learning and developing new media technologies
• Well developed communication, time management and organisation skills
• Accuracy and strong attention to detail
Please send applications to email@example.com and title the e-mail "Permanent Part-Time Graphic Designer ". Please include a cover letter and CV.
Full-Time Warehouse Assistant
ROLE DESCRIPTION: (INCLUDES BUT NOT EXCLUSIVE TO)
Reporting to the Warehouse Manager this role will involve undertaking the day-to-day operations of the Elk warehouses. Duties will include receiving stock, quality control, warehousing, picking, packing and dispatching orders.
• Picking and packing stock for orders
• Organisation of warehouse store and general work areas
• Monitoring stock levels and replenishment
• Administration & data entry
• Product, process and service quality control
• Freight processing
• Loading, unloading and transporting stock in the work vehicle
• Organisation of stock, including receiving stock, moving stock and stock replenishment
• Ensuring stock is recorded accurately in WMS.
• To undertake and oversee all stock related tasks such as stock taking, order distribution, receiving, locations, bar coding, transfers, quarantine, packaging, RF scanning, cross dock, replenishment, data entry, quality controlling, picking stock, packing stock and the mailing process etc.
• Preparing stock for quality control and allocating space on the shelf for products.
• Identify any issues with deliveries and forward this information to relevant staff including damage to stock, incorrect box labelling and general quality control.
• Effectively prioritising tasks for different departments.
• Ensuring there are sufficient consumables in the warehouse including satchels, packaging, bubble wrap, tissue paper, ribbon, cardboard boxes etc.
• Transporting stock from remote warehouse to retail store and main warehouse.
• Manage waste including general waste, cardboard and the plastic recycling system. Ensuring pick up of waste is arranged as required.
• General maintenance of vehicles including the work van and forklift. Ensuring they are safe, clean with efficient fuel, water and maintained tyres.
• Adhere to safety measurements put in place by Elk by ensuring the health, safety, cleanliness and security of the work environment and staff. Any unsafe practices should be reported to the company director immediately
• Be aware of any OH&S issues that exist in the warehouse and deal with them promptly. Ensure that other staff are aware of and adhere to safe operating procedures.
• To complete all tasks within set time frames to the best of your ability.
• Effectively communicate with other Elk departments, staff groups and customers as required.
• To assist in running general errands be they close to the place of work or in another area which may require driving your own vehicle or one provided.
• To ensure the warehouse and all areas are kept clean, neat and that the workplace and equipment are safe at all times. This includes the maintenance of storage and display areas, kitchens, office and bathrooms.
• To report to work punctually at the assigned time and to communicate with management if you are unable to present for work so that a suitable supervisor can cover you in your absence
• At Elk, our aim is to make quality fashion, offer impeccable customer service and have a commitment to provide work for others. These are among our core values. You must represent the company with pride and in turn, ensure staff working with you and under your direction share our mission.
• The ability to effectively prioritise your own workload
• Being timely
• Effective communication
• Exceptional organisational skills
Please submit your CV along with a Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Monday the 24th of July
Little Collins Store
182 Little Collins St, Melbourne,
Victoria, 3000, Australia
P: +61 3 8609 1247
|Monday to Thursday||10am - 6pm|
|Friday||10am - 7pm|
|Saturday||10am - 5pm|
|Sunday||11am - 4pm|
395 Plenty Road, Preston,
Victoria, 3072, Australia
P: +61 3 9478 1800
|Monday to Friday||10am - 6pm|
|Saturday||10am - 5pm|
395 Plenty Road, Preston,
Victoria, 3072, Australia
P: +61 3 9478 1800
F: +61 3 9478 8864
|Monday to Friday||9.30am - 5.30pm|
|Saturday & Sunday||Closed|